Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stan's House

As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts Kir, Nate and I were extremely lucky the day a 17 year old boy appeared at our after school soccer program. Over the past two months we became close to Stan, and one day he invited us over to his house to meet his family and have dinner. We were so excited and very thankful. It was such as sweet invitation. Last week we finally made our adventure over to Stan’s house and it was wonderful. He lives only five minutes away from the soccer pitch in an apartment complex. We marched up to the fourth floor and quickly met his grandmother, two older sisters, mother, father, and his adorable little brother named Joshua. Stan’s parents and siblings are all spitting images of each others and are all some of the nicest people I have ever met. Stan’s mother is a tailor and his dad is a policeman. Both of his older sisters are in college, and Joshua is busy being the most adorable 4-year-old boy around. We were flowered with presents consisting of a painting, a weaved basket, and jewelry. Sadly, the only thing we had to offer were silly bands, but they did succeed in creating great joy in Joshua. I also showed Joshua the Pixar short entitled and it rocked his world. Over the two hours we were guests, we were offered our fill of food and coffee and curious/wonderful conversation. I honestly can’t remember the last time I was welcomed into such a welcoming home by the entire family in one sitting. It will go down as one of my favorite moments in Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment